Teeth whitening in Warren, MI can help area men and women to restore their natural whiteness, thus improving their smile. Professional teeth whitening techniques, such as the treatments offered by Thomas A. Brennan, DDS at Today's Dentistry, are cosmetic dental procedures designed to remove stains and discoloration for whiter, brighter teeth. These treatments only continue to grow in popularity because they are designed to deliver optimum whitening results in just a single dental visit.
Why Whiten Your Teeth?
All teeth, when they first come in, are pearly white, but as we age, the porcelain-like enamel surface of our teeth wears down, causing our teeth to become more transparent. The effects of chewing on a regular basis also cause micro-cracks to occur in the enamel, which can fill with debris and stains. No matter how many cleanings, no matter how many brushings, the dull, lackluster appearance that develops over time eventually cannot be rectified. Patients can fix this with teeth whitening treatments by Dr. Thomas A. Brennan at Today's Dentistry.
Causes of Tooth Staining:
• Age: Teeth darken over time as a result of stain accumulation and normal wear and tear.
• Translucency and Thinness: Teeth that are thinner and more transparent, oftentimes the front teeth, tend to lose their pigment over time.
• Eating habits: Drinks such as red wine, soda, coffee, tea, and deeply colored foods such as oranges and carrots can cause considerable staining if habitually ingested.
• Smoking habits: Nicotine causes discoloration through brownish deposits that slowly soak into the structure of the tooth.
• Grinding: Teeth grinding (gnashing, bruxing, etc.) can cause additional micro-cracking in the teeth, hastening the build-up of stains and debris.
• Trauma: Injuries can produce sizable cracks in the teeth, which are more susceptible to staining and debris build-up.
The tooth whitening procedure itself is a simple treatment, which, depending on the course of action decided upon by you and your dentist, may only require a single visit. People who are looking to achieve a measurably whiter smile with minimum hassle need look no further than Today's Dentistry in Warren, Michigan. With effective tooth whitening treatments and with the care you expect and deserve, contact Today's Dentistry for a consultation.